Australia-China Joint Research Centre for Tectonics and Earth Resources (ACTER)
ACTER is a joint research centre led by two top geoscience research organisations in Australia and China - the Institute for Geoscience Research at Curtin University, and the Institute of Geology and Geophysics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and participated by key collaborating institutions from the two countries.
- To facilitate collaborative research and research training in geotectonics and mineral and hydrocarbon resources.
Major centre activities
- Exchange of staff
- Joint fundamental geotectonic research (60%) and applications to the petroleum and mineral industries (40%)
- Shared access to analytical facilities
- Joint conferences, annual focused field-based workshops on chosen themes, and other academic meetings
- Exchange of academic materials and information
- Exchange of higher degree by research students and joint student supervision